Jazz up everyday tuna salad with olives, beans and soft boiled eggs.
The ingredient of Tuna, olive and pasta salad
- 250g penne rigate
- 200g green beans, trimmed, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves torn
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 x 180g cans tuna in chilli oil, drained, flaked
The instruction how to make Tuna, olive and pasta salad
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add beans. Cook for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Place eggs in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 3 minutes (see note). Drain. Cool under cold running water.
- Combine vinegar, mustard and oil in a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid. Shake to combine. Place pasta, beans, lettuce, olives and tuna in a bowl. Drizzle over dressing. Toss to combine. Divide salad between bowls. Peel eggs and cut lengthways in half. Top salad with egg. Season with pepper. Serve.
Nutritions of Tuna, olive and pasta saladcalories: 656.772 calories
calories: 38 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 48 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1 grams sugar
calories: 29 grams protein
calories: 508.14 milligrams sodium