Take advantage of the beautiful flavour of thick lamb sausages and add them to tonights pasta dinner.
The ingredient of Creamy lamb and tomato pasta
- 4 thick lamb sausages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 375g penne rigate
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pure cream
- oregano leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Creamy lamb and tomato pasta
- Snip one end from each sausage. Squeeze meat into a bowl, discarding casings. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, rosemary and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add sausage meat. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up meat, for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Add chopped tomato and crushed tomato to lamb mixture. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add cream. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add lamb mixture to pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Top with oregano. Serve.
Nutritions of Creamy lamb and tomato pastacalories: 715.566 calories
calories: 32 grams fat
calories: 14 grams saturated fat
calories: 76 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8 grams sugar
calories: 25 grams protein
calories: 70 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 705.35 milligrams sodium