Heres a recipe for a complete dinner you can put together tonight. On the other hand, you could make it today and freeze it, so you have a meal on hand when youre running short on time.
The ingredient of Lamb and yoghurt pasta bake
- 2 large (about 1.2kg) eggplants, ends trimmed, thinly sliced crossways
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 300g penne rigate
- 1kg lamb mince
- 3 carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 3 green zucchini, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, halved, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 x 800g can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 500g Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 25g (1/4 cup) dried (packaged) breadcrumbs
- 45g (1/2 cup) shredded parmesan
The instruction how to make Lamb and yoghurt pasta bake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush eggplant slices with oil. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add one-third of eggplant slices and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining eggplant, reheating pan between batches.
- Meanwhile: cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well.
- Add half the mince to the frying pan and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 3-4 minutes or until it changes colour. Transfer to a large saucepan. Repeat with remaining mince. Add carrot, zucchini, onion and garlic to the frying pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Transfer to the saucepan with the mince.
- Add tomato and tomato paste to mince mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 20 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add oregano and pasta, and stir to combine.
- Line the bases of two 2L (8-cup) capacity ovenproof baking dishes with one-third of the eggplant. Top with half the mince mixture. Continue layering with remaining eggplant and mince mixture, finishing with a layer of eggplant.
- Place yoghurt and egg in a bowl and stir to combine. Spread yoghurt mixture over eggplant in both dishes. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and parmesan. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until golden. Serve with, Greek salad and herb bread or steamed green beans.
Nutritions of Lamb and yoghurt pasta bakecalories: 455.534 calories
calories: 23 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 31 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12 grams sugar
calories: 28 grams protein
calories: 100 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 241.67 milligrams sodium