Impress nonna with these tasty beef meatballs, simmered gently in passata and served with kale and feta.
The ingredient of Meatball, bean and pasta soup
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon basil leaves, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 60g feta cheese, crumbled, plus extra to serve
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 700g bottle Passata of choice
- 1.5l (6 cups) salt-reduced beef stock
- 2/3 cup wholemeal penne pasta
- 175g green beans, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1/2 small bunch kale, trimmed, finely shredded
- Light rye bread, toasted
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Meatball, bean and pasta soup
- In a large bowl combine mince, garlic, onion, breadcrumbs, basil, feta and egg. Season and combine well. Roll heaped tablespoons of mince mixture into balls and place on a large plate (makes 24 balls).
- In a large saucepan add the passata, stock and 500ml (2 cups) water. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Add pasta and reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add meatballs and cook for 5 minutes. Add beans and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Remove from heat and stir through kale.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with extra basil and feta. Serve with rye toast, lemon wedges and baby rocket leaves.
Nutritions of Meatball, bean and pasta soupcalories: