Get clever making this delightful pasta dish that the kids will love.
The ingredient of Pizza-filled pasta shells
- 1/2 x 500g packet large dried pasta shells
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 8 (175g) rindless shortcut bacon rashers, sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, chopped
- 100g small cap mushrooms, sliced
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat grated pizza cheese
- Salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Pizza-filled pasta shells
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/ 180u00b0C fan-forced. Grease an 8 cup-capacity ovenproof baking dish. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add capsicum and mushroom. Cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Stir in tomato. Remove from heat.
- Preheat grill on high. Carefully spoon 1 tablespoon vegetable mixture into each pasta shell. Arrange shells, open side up, in prepared dish. Top fillings with cheese.
- Grill for 3 minutes or until cheese is golden and melted. Serve with salad leaves.
Nutritions of Pizza-filled pasta shellscalories: 418.728 calories
calories: 12 grams fat
calories: 5.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 51 grams carbohydrates
calories: 23.3 grams protein
calories: 32 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 705 milligrams sodium