Everyone loves cooking and eating Mexican food, so transform a family favourite, pumpkin soup, with a kick. Its easy to make and freezes well.
The ingredient of Smoky chipotle mex pumpkin soup recipe
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons smoky chipotle seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1L (4 cups) chicken stock
- 1.5kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 170g pkt corn chips
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 100g (1 cup) coarsely grated jalapenu0303o cheese
- 170g (2/3 cup) sour cream
- 2 jalapenu0303os, sliced
- Small fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- 2 tbs chipotle in adobo sauce
- Smoked paprika, plus extra, to serve
- 1 red capsicum, quartered, deseeded
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 125g can black beans, rinsed, drained
The instruction how to make Smoky chipotle mex pumpkin soup recipe
- To make the salsa, heat a chargrill pan on medium-high. Grill capsicum, skin-side down, for 4-5 minutes each side or until charred. Set aside to cool slightly then chop into 1cm pieces. Transfer to a bowl. Add onion, lime juice and black beans. Toss until well combined. Season well.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or stock pot over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, chipotle seasoning and cumin. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Pour in stock and bring to the boil. Add pumpkin and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 25 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on medium. Place corn chips on a baking tray and sprinkle with paprika then cheese. Grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden
- Use a stick blender to blend the soup until smooth. Place over a low heat for 15-20 minutes or until thickens slightly.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls. Swirl soup with half the sour cream. Break chips apart. Place in soup. Top with salsa, jalapenu0303o and coriander. Dollop with remaining sour cream. Drizzle with chipotle sauce. Sprinkle with extra paprika to serve.
Nutritions of Smoky chipotle mex pumpkin soup recipecalories: 867.809 calories
calories: 57 grams fat
calories: 23 grams saturated fat
calories: 60 grams carbohydrates
calories: 21 grams protein