A hearty and healthy vegetable soup to warm a cold winters night.
The ingredient of Winter vegetable soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 (about 250g) carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 (about 250g) potato, peeled, finely chopped
- 300g celeriac, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 270g (1 1/4 cups) red lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- Hot dog buns, sliced, to serve
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
The instruction how to make Winter vegetable soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook for a further minute or until aromatic. Add the carrot, potato, celeriac and cumin and stir to coat. Add the lentils, stock and water. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a chargrill on high heat. Spray with oil. Cook hot dog bun slices for 1 minute each side or until golden and crisp.
- Top soup with coriander and serve with the toasted bread.
Nutritions of Winter vegetable soupcalories: 495.208 calories
calories: 9 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 70 grams carbohydrates
calories: 26 grams protein