Take soups from starters to the main event with this top recipe. Its hearty, tasty and budget-friendly, too.
The ingredient of Chicken and corn soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 4 cups chicken consomme
- 1/3 cup Shao Hsing Chinese cooking wine
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 corn cobs, kernels removed
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Chicken and corn soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken, onions, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until light golden.
- Add consomme, cooking wine, sesame oil and 3 cups cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add corn. Simmer, uncovered, for a further 5 minutes or until corn is tender. Top with coriander and serve.
Nutritions of Chicken and corn soupcalories: 407.734 calories
calories: 16 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 22 grams carbohydrates
calories: 10 grams sugar
calories: 36 grams protein
calories: 122 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1426.55 milligrams sodium