Improve your night vision with this feta-topped carrot soup.
The ingredient of Spiced carrot soup with feta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 1kg carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, plus extra, to serve
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1.5L Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 65g (1/3 cup) Persian (marinated) feta, crumbled
- 1 lemon, zest peeled into thin strips
- Crusty bread rolls (optional), to serve
The instruction how to make Spiced carrot soup with feta
- Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger, and cook for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Increase heat to high, add carrots, thyme and cumin, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes or until carrots are starting to brown. Add stock, bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender and can be crushed easily with the back of a spoon.
- Using a stick blender, blend carrot mixture until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Makes 2L.
- Divide soup among bowls, then scatter with feta, lemon zest and extra thyme. Serve with bread rolls, if using.
Nutritions of Spiced carrot soup with fetacalories: 355.393 calories
calories: 25 grams fat
calories: 11 grams saturated fat
calories: 19 grams carbohydrates
calories: 15 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 39 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1796.91 milligrams sodium