Swirl a dollop of cream through this delicious garlic and potato soup.
The ingredient of Roasted garlic and potato soup
- 3 heads garlic*
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 750g Sebago potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1/4 cup cream
- chopped chives, to serve
The instruction how to make Roasted garlic and potato soup
- Preheat oven to 120u00b0C. Break garlic into cloves and place into a small ovenproof dish. Add half the thyme. Drizzle with oil. Cover with foil. Roast for 2 hours or until garlic is very soft. Remove garlic from oil, reserving oil. Set garlic aside to cool. Once cooled, squeeze soft garlic flesh from skin.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of reserved oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, uncovered, for 5 to 6 minutes or until onion softens. Add potatoes and remaining thyme. Toss to coat in onion mixture. Add water and stock. Cover with a lid. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Set aside for 20 minutes. Stir through garlic flesh.
- Blend soup in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan. Stir over low heat for 5 minutes or until hot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls. Swirl a little cream through soup in each bowl. Top with chives. Serve.
Nutritions of Roasted garlic and potato soupcalories: 353.481 calories
calories: 22 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 29 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 16 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 497.56 milligrams sodium