Put a steaming pot of soup on the table and ladle into bowls to warm the waiting crowd.
The ingredient of Potato, saffron & prawn soup
- Large pinch of saffron threads
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 850g Desiree potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped (see note)
- 2 brown onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh lemon thyme
- 1.25L (5 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- Ground white pepper
- Light sour cream, to serve
- 500g cooked king prawns, peeled, deveined, coarsely chopped
- Fresh lemon thyme leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Potato, saffron & prawn soup
- Place the saffron and water in a small bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to infuse.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the potato, onion and thyme sprigs. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until the onion softens. Add the saffron mixture and stock, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the potato is very soft. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Remove the thyme sprigs and discard. Transfer half the potato mixture to the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer the soup to a clean saucepan. Repeat with the remaining potato mixture.
- Place the soup over low heat and stir until heated through. Season with salt and white pepper. Ladle among serving bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream. Top with the prawn and sprinkle with thyme leaves. Season with pepper to serve.
Nutritions of Potato, saffron & prawn soupcalories: 267.68 calories
calories: 12 grams fat
calories: 3.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 22 grams carbohydrates
calories: 16 grams protein