Corn soup with chive oil is easy, vegetarian and hearty. Perfect!
The ingredient of Corn soup with chive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 6 fresh corn cobs, husks removed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped, plus extra 1/4 cup very finely chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 2 cups (500ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock or water
The instruction how to make Corn soup with chive oil
- Blend chives with 1/3 cup (80ml) oil and 1 ice cube until smooth. Chill until needed.
- Cut kernels from cobs, reserve cobs.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook onion, celery and garlic for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the kernels and potato, and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock, cobs and 1 litre water. Bring to the boil, then simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes or until potato is tender. Discard the cobs and blend soup until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve, season and serve topped with chive oil and extra celery.
Nutritions of Corn soup with chive oilcalories: 323.606 calories
calories: 22 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 22 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 354.31 milligrams sodium