Somewhere between a soup and a stew, this one-pot wonder features the mouth-watering combination of chorizo sausage, beans and lots of vegetables.
The ingredient of Chorizo and borlotti bean soup
- 200g (1 cup) dried borlotti beans
- 2 chorizo sausages, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 medium (about 200g) fennel bulb, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 125ml (1/2 cup) dry sherry
- 1.5L (6 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes (La Gina brand)
- 1 green zucchini, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 bunch English spinach, stems trimmed, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Grated parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Chorizo and borlotti bean soup
- Place beans in a glass bowl and cover with cold water. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside overnight to soak. Drain.
- Place beans and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a bowl. Add celery, fennel, carrot and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender. Add sherry and bring to the boil. Add chorizo, stock, tomato and zucchini and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until mixture thickens. Add beans and cook for a further 1 minute or until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Add spinach and basil and stir until spinach wilts. Ladle soup among bowls and sprinkle with parmesan to serve.
Nutritions of Chorizo and borlotti bean soupcalories: