Meal prep and freeze ahead our Mediterranean salmon and prawn stew to make weekday dinner quick and easy.
The ingredient of Mediterranean salmon and prawn stew recipe
- 4 x 150g skinless salmon fillets
- 500g medium green prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 celery stick, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 small fennel, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved, thinly sliced
- 400g can baby roma tomatoes
- 1 long fresh red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 tbs baby capers, drained
- 4 anchovies, drained, finely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 750ml (3 cups) Massel vegetable stock
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Small basil leaves, to serve
- Extra lemon zest, to serve
- Extra baby capers, to serve
The instruction how to make Mediterranean salmon and prawn stew recipe
- Place the salmon, prawns, lemon rind and parsley in a large sealable glass or plastic container.
- Place the garlic, celery, carrot, fennel, leek, tomatoes, chilli, capers, anchovy, wine and stock in another large sealable glass or plastic container.
- Freeze containers for up to 3 months or until the night before cooking. Defrost overnight in the fridge.
- Place the contents of the vegetable container in a large heavy-based saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickens slightly and vegetables are tender. Add the contents of the seafood container and cook for a further 7-10 minutes or until cooked through. Top with the extra lemon zest and extra fried capers. Serve with crusty bread and basil leaves, if using.
Nutritions of Mediterranean salmon and prawn stew recipecalories: 470.352 calories
calories: 21.5 grams fat
calories: 4.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 10 grams carbohydrates
calories: 49.5 grams protein