This stew of white fish fillets, tomato and fennel make a delicious winter warmer for your family.
The ingredient of Fish, fennel and tomato stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups fish stock or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon Coles Brand Dried Chilli Flakes (optional)
- 800g boneless white fish fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 500g frozen broad beans, thawed and peeled
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Fish, fennel and tomato stew
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add onion, carrot and fennel. Cook over medium-low heat for 10 mins, stirring often, until soft and golden. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 more min.
- Add tomatoes, stock and chilli. Cover and bring to the boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add fish and broad beans, return to a simmer and cook for 5 mins, until seafood changes colour and is tender. Serve with crusty bread on the side.
Nutritions of Fish, fennel and tomato stewcalories: