With more and more of you searching for stew recipes, we thought wed point you in the direction of this highly-rated one.
The ingredient of Sausage and bean stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g lean beef chipolata sausages
- 200g bacon, diced
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika (see note)
- 400g can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup Massel beef stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup instant polenta
- flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped, to serve
The instruction how to make Sausage and bean stew
- Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add sausages and cook, turning often, for 4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Add bacon to saucepan and cook for 2 minutes. Add onion, garlic, chilli and sweet paprika and cook for 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes with juice, beans, stock and tomato paste. Stir well. Bring to the boil and add sausages. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until sausages are cooked.
- Prepare polenta following the packet directions.
- Spoon polenta into bowls. Ladle over stew and sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
Nutritions of Sausage and bean stewcalories: 592.72 calories
calories: 30 grams fat
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 43 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams sugar
calories: 34 grams protein
calories: 1410.9 milligrams sodium