Dont let the midweek rush get the better of you. This 40 minute stew promises smooth sailing.
The ingredient of Quick pork and mustard stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g pork scotch fillet steaks, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 4 eschalots, sliced
- 3 shortcut bacon rashers, roughly chopped
- 300g cream delight potatoes, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 300ml tub light cooking cream
- 1 cup Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- Fresh tarragon leaves, extra, to serve
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Quick pork and mustard stew
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pork. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in pan over medium- high heat. Add eschalots, bacon and potato. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until starting to soften. Add mustards, cream and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until potato is tender and sauce has thickened.
- Return pork to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 3 minutes or until just cooked through. Stir in tarragon. Sprinkle with extra tarragon and serve with beans and bread.
Nutritions of Quick pork and mustard stewcalories: 621.878 calories
calories: 32.9 grams fat
calories: 14.4 grams saturated fat
calories: 42.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 36.7 grams protein
calories: 131 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1083 milligrams sodium