Make the most of this often over-looked cut of beef with taste member loans_ladys version of slow-cooker oxtail stew.
The ingredient of Slow-cooker oxtail stew
- 1kg oxtail pieces
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 rashers middle cut bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, coarsely chopped
- 4 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 150g button mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 cup (125ml) red wine
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Massel beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
The instruction how to make Slow-cooker oxtail stew
- Season oxtail. Coat pieces in flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Cook oxtail for 2 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to the bowl of a 5 litre slow-cooker. Add bacon to frypan and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until browned. Add to oxtail.
- Add vegetables, wine, stock, bay leaf, thyme and tomato paste to slow-cooker. Cover with lid. Turn slow-cooker on low. Cook for 8 hours or until oxtail is tender. Stir in parsley just before serving.
Nutritions of Slow-cooker oxtail stewcalories: