The ingredient of Smoky beef stew
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 700g gravy beef, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 small red capsicums, chopped
- 2 dried chipotle chillies stems removed, finely chopped (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups Massel beef stock
- 425g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves warmed flour tortillas, to serve
The instruction how to make Smoky beef stew
- Place flour in a bowl. Add beef. Toss to coat. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add half the beef. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with 1 tablespoon oil and remaining beef.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion, garlic, carrot and capsicum. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add chipotle chillies and chilli powder. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Return beef and juices to pan. Add tomato and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour 30 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Stir in beans. Simmer, for 5 minutes or until beans are heated through. Remove from heat. Top with coriander. Serve stew with tortillas.
Nutritions of Smoky beef stewcalories: 597.739 calories
calories: 24.2 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 40.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 49.8 grams protein
calories: 103 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1192 milligrams sodium