Warm yourself with a hearty bowl of chorizo & bean stew. It freezes well too.
The ingredient of Chorizo and bean stew
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 chorizo sausages, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 1 medium brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp Coles Brand Paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 x 410g can crushed tomatoes
- 100g Australian fetta, from the deli, crumbled
- 1/3 cup small flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 pkt Coles Brand Multigrain Dinner Rolls, baked following packet directions
The instruction how to make Chorizo and bean stew
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chorizo for 4-5 mins or until light golden. Use a slotted spoon to transfer chorizo to a 4.5L slow cooker.
- Heat the pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, capsicum and garlic, stirring, for 5 mins or until soft. Add the paprika, cumin, bay leaf and oregano and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant. Add the capsicum mixture, vinegar, tomato paste, beans and tomatoes to the slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low for 4 hrs.
- Sprinkle with fetta and parsley. Serve with rolls.
Nutritions of Chorizo and bean stewcalories: 500.705 calories
calories: 23.6 grams fat
calories: 8.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 35.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 10.2 grams sugar
calories: 29.6 grams protein
calories: 1270 milligrams sodium