Spicy Spanish sausages makes this hearty stew taste sensational.
The ingredient of Chickpea and chorizo stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250g piece pancetta, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 large potato, peeled, cut into 1.5cm cubes, cooked for 2-3 minutes until almost tender
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 600ml tomato passata (sugo, see note)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Chickpea and chorizo stew
- Heat oil in a casserole or large, deep frypan over medium-high heat. Cook pancetta and chorizo, turning, for 2-3 minutes until starting to crisp. Remove and drain on paper towel. Drain excess oil and fat, leaving 2 tablespoons in pan.
- Return the pan to medium heat. Add the onion and capsicum and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Return the pancetta and chorizo to the pan with the garlic and oregano. Stir for a further minute, then add the potatoes, chickpeas, wine, passata and stock. Season, bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and thickened. Garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Chickpea and chorizo stewcalories: