Keep lunch light and tasty by making a bean and sausage stew topped with fresh vegetables.
The ingredient of Sausage vegetable stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g thick beef sausages
- 1 large brown onion, halved, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 green capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 3 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 500g roma tomatoes, chopped
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 200g baby rocket leaves
- crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Sausage vegetable stew
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Add sausages. Cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Remove to a chopping board. Thickly slice.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion, garlic and capsicum. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until capsicum is tender.
- Add celery, tomatoes and sausages. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until celery is just tender. Add beans. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon mixture into bowls. Top with rocket. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Sausage vegetable stewcalories: 506.202 calories
calories: 36 grams fat
calories: 14 grams saturated fat
calories: 16 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 24 grams protein
calories: 71 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 872.98 milligrams sodium