Warm yourself with this easy to prepare and nutritious sausage and risoni stew.
The ingredient of Sausage and risoni stew
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 thick beef sausages
- 1 large red onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 1 large red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, trimmed, cut into 1cm pieces
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/3 cup dried risoni pasta
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- fresh rosemary leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Sausage and risoni stew
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook sausages, turning, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion, capsicum, zucchini and eggplant. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes and rosemary. Bring to a simmer.
- Slice sausages in half lengthways, then crossways. Add to pan with risoni and olives. Season with pepper. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, covered, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until risoni is tender. Serve topped with rosemary.
Nutritions of Sausage and risoni stewcalories: 699.792 calories
calories: 50 grams fat
calories: 20 grams saturated fat
calories: 30 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11 grams sugar
calories: 29 grams protein
calories: 107 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1571.19 milligrams sodium