This traditional vegetarian Greek stew is not only delicious but it is low-fat and low-carb too.
The ingredient of Greek bean and silverbeet stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g cans large butter beans (or cannellini beans), rinsed, drained
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthways, cut into large chunks
- 6 silverbeet leaves, centre vein removed, leaves roughly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
The instruction how to make Greek bean and silverbeet stew
- Heat the olive oil in a large deep frypan over medium heat. Add the onion, capsicum, celery and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken or vegetable stock, canned tomatoes and butter beans and bring to the boil. Add the zucchini and simmer rapidly over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until the sauce is thickened and zucchini is tender. Stir in the silverbeet and cook for 4-5 minutes until wilted.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and scatter with the oregano leaves.
Nutritions of Greek bean and silverbeet stewcalories: 130.016 calories
calories: 6 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 10 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 591.13 milligrams sodium