Dont stew over what to cook for dinner tonight! Try this bean stew - served inside a mini-pumpkin, or on its own, its stuffed full of veggie goodness!
The ingredient of Pumpkins with bean stew
- 4 x 550g golden nugget pumpkins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled, diced
- 2 parsnips, peeled, diced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 400g can butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon lemon thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 100g goats cheese, crumbled
The instruction how to make Pumpkins with bean stew
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Slice tops off pumpkins. Set aside. Using a teaspoon, remove seeds and pulp from each pumpkin. Brush insides with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place pumpkins into a shallow baking dish. Place pumpkin lids into another baking dish. Roast lids and pumpkins for 30 minutes. Remove lids and set aside. Turn pumpkins over. Roast for a further 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek, carrots and parsnips. Cover. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 5 minutes, or until vegetables start to soften. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Slowly add stock, stirring constantly. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce comes to the boil and thickens slightly.
- Add beans and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir through walnuts and cheese. Spoon mixture into pumpkin shells. Top with pumpkin lids. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through. Serve.
Nutritions of Pumpkins with bean stewcalories: 596.783 calories
calories: 30 grams fat
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 51 grams carbohydrates
calories: 40 grams sugar
calories: 19 grams protein
calories: 541.67 milligrams sodium