This delicious pork stew is ready in under an hour!
The ingredient of Pork sausage stew with almond couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 thick pork sausages
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 270g jar chargrilled capsicums, drained
- 1 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 100g low-fat feta, crumbled
The instruction how to make Pork sausage stew with almond couscous
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Cook sausages for 10 minutes or until browned all over and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add coriander and cumin. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup cold water, capsicum and sausages. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, bring stock to the boil over high heat. Place couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Add stock. Cover. Stand for 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid has absorbed. Stir with fork to separate grains. Stir in almonds, parsley and fetta. Serve couscous with sausage stew.
Nutritions of Pork sausage stew with almond couscouscalories: 896.011 calories
calories: 51 grams fat
calories: 19 grams saturated fat
calories: 68 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11 grams sugar
calories: 36 grams protein
calories: 125 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1842.9 milligrams sodium