You dont have to break the bank to eat like a foodie at home – use low-cost staples and a little creative flair to amp up the flavour.
The ingredient of Quick sausage, lentil and tomato stew
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 500g cevapici beef sausages, cut into 1cm pieces (see notes)
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups slow-roasted tomatoes, roughly chopped (see notes)
- 1 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- Parmesan, grated, to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Quick sausage, lentil and tomato stew
- Heat oil in a large deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add sausages. Cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 8 minutes or until browned.
- Add lentils, tomato and stock. Stir. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture thickens. Season. Stir in parsley and coriander.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and extra parsley and coriander. Serve with sour cream.
Nutritions of Quick sausage, lentil and tomato stewcalories: 485.409 calories
calories: 32.7 grams fat
calories: 10.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 20 grams carbohydrates
calories: 23.9 grams protein
calories: 66 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1369 milligrams sodium