This warming Beef and vegetable stew is hearty and easy to make - great for a cold winter night.
The ingredient of Beef and vegetable stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 800g beef chuck steak, trimmed, cubed
- 2 large carrots, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 large zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 x 410g cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups Massel beef stock
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Beef and vegetable stew
- Heat oil in pressure cooker over high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until onion has softened. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Add beef. Cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add carrot, celery and zucchini. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add wine. Bring to the boil. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomato paste, tomato and beef stock. Bring to the boil. Cover and lock lid. Once pressure is reached, reduce heat to low. Cook for 35 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Carefully release pressure. Unlock lid. Serve stew with mash and basil.
Nutritions of Beef and vegetable stewcalories: 429.722 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 18 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12 grams sugar
calories: 46 grams protein
calories: 124 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 665.24 milligrams sodium