Garlic, lime and grilled chilli mayonnaise speckled with paprika give a kick to this Mediterranean-style prawn and tuna main.
The ingredient of Seafood stew with smoked chilli aioli
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large brown onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 250ml (1 cup) dry white wine
- 2 x 410g cans chopped tomatoes
- 3 fresh or dried bay leaves
- 4 strips orange rind, white pith removed
- 1kg green prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1kg tuna steaks, cut into 3cm pieces
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Fresh thyme leaves, to serve
- Jalapeno Cornbread (see related recipe), to serve
- 4 fresh red bell chillies
- 2 x 200g ctns aioli with lime zest
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
The instruction how to make Seafood stew with smoked chilli aioli
- To make the smoked chilli aioli, preheat grill on high. Thread the chillies onto a metal skewer. Cook under grill, turning occasionally with tongs, for 3-5 minutes or until charred and blistered. Transfer to a sealable plastic bag and set aside for 5 minutes (this helps lift the skin). Peel the skin from the chillies and coarsely chop the flesh. Place in the bowl of a food processor. Add the aioli and paprika, and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion, garlic, celery and chopped thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and light golden. Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes or until the wine is reduced by half.
- Add the tomato, bay leaves and orange rind to the pan, and stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 50 minutes.
- Stir in the prawns and tuna. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until the prawns curl and change colour and the tuna is cooked through. Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes to stand.
- Divide the mashed potato and stew among serving bowls. Top with smoked chilli aioli and thyme leaves. Serve with the cornbread.
Nutritions of Seafood stew with smoked chilli aiolicalories: 570.015 calories
calories: 40 grams fat
calories: 5.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 45 grams protein