High in fibre, this sausage and bean stew is a healthy weeknight option thats on the table within 45 minutes.
The ingredient of Sausage and bean stew with mustard mash
- 1.1kg brushed potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 (about 560g) beef chipolata sausages
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed (optional)
- 400g can cherry tomatoes in tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 400g can borlotti beans, drained, rinsed
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
The instruction how to make Sausage and bean stew with mustard mash
- Place potato in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Boil, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain (see note). Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Mash potato. Add milk and mustard. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sausages. Cook, turning for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate. Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion, chilli, garlic and fennel, if using. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add tomato, thyme and 1 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Add sausages and beans. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sausages are cooked through. Stir in half the parsley. Serve with mash and top with remaining parsley.
Nutritions of Sausage and bean stew with mustard mashcalories: 740.9 calories
calories: 42 grams fat
calories: 16 grams saturated fat
calories: 53 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12 grams sugar
calories: 31 grams protein
calories: 85 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1316.17 milligrams sodium