Serve this effortless beef and vegetable stew with a dollop of sour cream for a delicious winter warmer meal.
The ingredient of Classic one-pot beef stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1kg Coles Brand Beef Chuck Casserole Steak, cut into 4cm chunks
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 150g button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1kg Sebago potatoes, peeled, cut into 4cm chunks
- 200g green beans, trimmed,cut to 4cm
- 1/2 cup sour cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Classic one-pot beef stew
- Heat half the olive oil in a large saucepan and cook beef over high heat in 3 batches until well browned. Transfer to a plate. Reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil and onion. Cook for 5 mins, until soft. Add tomato paste and paprika and sprinkle flour over. Cook, stirring, for 1 min. Gradually add stock, stirring constantly.
- Return meat to the pan, cover and bring just to the boil. Reduce heat to very low and cook gently, covered, for 1 hour. Add mushrooms, carrot and potato. Replace lid and cook for 45 mins then add beans and cook a further 15 mins.
- Serve topped with a dollop of sour cream.
Nutritions of Classic one-pot beef stewcalories: