An easy and hearty lamb stew, on the table in under an hour.
The ingredient of Easy lamb sausage caponata stew
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 (500g) thick lamb sausages
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon drained baby capers
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 x 480g sourdough garlic bread, warmed, to serve
The instruction how to make Easy lamb sausage caponata stew
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Cook sausages, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a board. Thinly slice.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add eggplant, capsicum, celery and onion. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until eggplant is almost tender. Add garlic and fennel seeds. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add paste, tomatoes and 1 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Return sausage to pan. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens and sausage is cooked through. Stir in vinegar and capers. Sprinkle with basil leaves. Serve with garlic bread.
Nutritions of Easy lamb sausage caponata stewcalories: 665.137 calories
calories: 39.2 grams fat
calories: 10.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 42.6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 29.8 grams protein
calories: 69 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1065 milligrams sodium