This one-pan lamb stew tastes fantastic and best of all only uses one pot, so theres less washing up to do afterwards.
The ingredient of One-pot lamb and pea stew
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 4 (600g) lamb forequarter chops
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 cups Massel beef stock
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 3 desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 1.5cm thick slices
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, shredded
The instruction how to make One-pot lamb and pea stew
- Place flour in a snap-lock bag. Season. Add lamb. Seal bag. Shake to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook lamb for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion and celery. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and thyme. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Return lamb to pan with 1 cup water, stock and Worcestershire sauce. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Add potato to pan. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add peas. Cook for 5 minutes or until potato is tender. Discard thyme. Stir in mint. Serve.
Nutritions of One-pot lamb and pea stewcalories: 528.668 calories
calories: 33.1 grams fat
calories: 8.4 grams saturated fat
calories: 28.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 26 grams protein
calories: 64 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 802 milligrams sodium