This budget-friendly Italian-style stem is the perfect winter warmer.
The ingredient of Italian-style sausage stew with polenta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 Coles Italian Style Pork Sausages
- 1 eggplant, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 200g Portabella mushrooms, quartered
- 2 x 410g cans Ardmona Rich & Thick Basil & Garlic Chopped Tomatoes & Paste
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
The instruction how to make Italian-style sausage stew with polenta
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook sausages for 8 mins or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Add eggplant, zucchini and mushrooms to pan. Cook for 5 mins or until softened. Add tomatoes and 1/2 cup water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 12 mins or until tender. Slice sausages and add to pan for the last 2 mins of cooking.
- Meanwhile, bring milk and 1 1/2 cups water to the boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add polenta in a steady stream and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until soft and creamy. Serve with stew and top with basil.
Nutritions of Italian-style sausage stew with polentacalories: 688.32 calories
calories: 36.8 grams fat
calories: 14.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 57.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 18.5 grams sugar
calories: 29.5 grams protein
calories: 1741 milligrams sodium