This sausage stew is sure to be loved by young and old alike.
The ingredient of Tomato & sausage stew with soft polenta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 (about 500g) beef chipolata sausages
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 125ml (1/2 cup) red wine
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- Fresh continental parsley, coarsely chopped, to serve
- 1L (4 cups) water
- 750ml (3 cups) Massel Chicken Liquid Stock
- 340g (2 cups) polenta (cornmeal)
- 45g (1/2 cup) shredded parmesan
The instruction how to make Tomato & sausage stew with soft polenta
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sausages and cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the sun-dried tomato, diced tomato, wine and water and bring to the boil. Add the sausages and reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, to make the polenta, bring the water and stock to the boil in a saucepan over high heat. Gradually add the polenta in a thin steady stream, stirring constantly until incorporated. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until mixture thickens. Add the parmesan and stir to combine.
- Divide polenta among serving bowls. Top with the stew and parsley to serve.
Nutritions of Tomato & sausage stew with soft polentacalories: 808.537 calories
calories: 38 grams fat
calories: 16 grams saturated fat
calories: 76 grams carbohydrates
calories: 13 grams sugar
calories: 31 grams protein
calories: 1816.82 milligrams sodium