The ingredient of Osso bucco, Dutch carrot & artichoke stew
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 rasher bacon, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 800g of beef or veal osso bucco
- 4 cups (1 litre) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 4 globe artichokes
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch Dutch carrots, trimmed, scrubbed, leaves reserved
- 200g green beans, chopped
The instruction how to make Osso bucco, Dutch carrot & artichoke stew
- Heat half the oil in a large casserole dish. Add celery, onion and bacon, cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add osso bucco and toss until well coated in flour mixture, shake away excess.
- Heat remaining oil in casserole and cook osso bucco in 2 batches, until browned on both sides.
- Return all meat to casserole dish with celery mixture and stock. Simmer, covered for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove several layers of green outer leaves from artichokes until they are about half their original size. Trim tops and stems and peel stems. Halve each lengthways and remove hairy choke from centre with a teaspoon.
- While preparing artichokes, place them in a bowl of water combined with juice of lemon to prevent discolouration.
- Add artichokes and carrots to stew. Cook covered for further 30 minutes, or until tender. Add beans for last 10 minutes of cooking. Serve stew garnished with reserved carrot leaves.
Nutritions of Osso bucco, Dutch carrot & artichoke stewcalories: 706.484 calories
calories: 47 grams fat
calories: 14 grams saturated fat
calories: 17 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 47 grams protein
calories: 105 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1295.44 milligrams sodium