This delicious cold weather stew makes a great low-fat vegetarian meal.
The ingredient of Slow-cooker Middle Eastern chickpea stew
- 1/2 cup dried chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 400g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 8 fresh dates, pitted
- 2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning paste
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthways, thickly sliced
- Cooked Israeli (pearl) couscous, to serve
- Plain yoghurt, to serve
- Fresh coriander, optional, to serve
The instruction how to make Slow-cooker Middle Eastern chickpea stew
- Place chickpeas, sweet potato, onion, carrot, apricots, dates, stock, tomatoes and seasoning in the bowl of a 5.5-litre slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover with lid. Cook on low for 6 hours (or on high for 3 hours), adding zucchini halfway through cooking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve stew with couscous and yoghurt (optional). Sprinkle with coriander.
Nutritions of Slow-cooker Middle Eastern chickpea stewcalories: 307.832 calories
calories: 2.8 grams fat
calories: 0.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 54.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 10.7 grams protein
calories: 2 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 581 milligrams sodium