This slow-cooked, low-calorie stew is the perfect dinner for cold evenings.
The ingredient of Slow-cooked chicken and black bean stew
- 100g (1/2 cup) dried black beans, soaked overnight in cold water
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 long fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 300g peeled pumpkin, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Lime cheeks, to serve
The instruction how to make Slow-cooked chicken and black bean stew
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan forced. Drain black beans and rinse well.
- Lightly spray a large flameproof casserole dish with olive oil and heat over high heat. Add chicken. Cook, turning, for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Return dish to medium heat and spray with a little oil. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add capsicum, garlic, chilli, paprika and cumin and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add tomato, black beans, chicken and 375ml (1 1/2 cups) water. Bring to the boil. Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Add pumpkin and zucchini. Bake, covered, for a further 20 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Remove chicken and shred. Return to dish. Add lime juice. Stir to combine. Sprinkle with coriander. Serve with lime.
Nutritions of Slow-cooked chicken and black bean stewcalories: 336.751 calories
calories: 24 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 25 grams carbohydrates
calories: 29 grams protein