The ingredient of Pork with braised fennel, thyme & orange stew
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 large fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 orange, quartered, thinly sliced, plus juice of 1/2 orange
- 1 cup (250ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 x 400g pork fillets, trimmed, halved
- 1 cup (160g) pitted green olives
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Pork with braised fennel, thyme & orange stew
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large, deep frypan over medium heat. Add fennel and cook for 5 minutes until lightly browned. Stir in garlic, thyme and orange slices, then add juice and stock. Season, bring to the boil, then simmer on low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a pan over high heat. Season pork, then cook for 2-3 minutes, turning, until evenly browned.
- Add pork and olives to fennel. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until pork is cooked through. Thickly slice pork. Serve the pork and fennel stew, garnished with parsley, with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Pork with braised fennel, thyme & orange stewcalories: 462.226 calories
calories: 25 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams sugar
calories: 47 grams protein
calories: 190 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1061.38 milligrams sodium