Start stewing! A great winter warmer is here.
The ingredient of Chilli beef casserole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 750g gravy beef, trimmed, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon Mexican chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup Massel beef stock
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 400g can no-added-salt red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- Steamed doongara rice, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Chilli beef casserole
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Heat half the oil in a large, heavy-based, flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in dish. Add onion, garlic and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Return beef to dish. Add flour, chilli and ground coriander. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in stock, tomato and 1 cup cold water. Cover dish. Bring to the boil. Transfer to oven. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Stir in kidney beans. Bake for 30 minutes or until beef is tender. Serve with rice and coriander.
Nutritions of Chilli beef casserolecalories: 699.792 calories
calories: 18.3 grams fat
calories: 5.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 75.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 51.7 grams protein
calories: 107 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 570 milligrams sodium