This hearty winter warmer tastes fabulous and is budget-friendly too.
The ingredient of Italian sausage and tomato stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 Italian beef sausages
- 2 large brown onions, cut into wedges
- 300g cup mushrooms, halved, thickly sliced
- 410g can spicy Italian-style crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Italian sausage and tomato stew
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook sausages for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and just cooked through. Transfer to a board. Allow to cool. Thickly slice.
- Add onion and mushroom to pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is softened. Return sausages to pan. Add tomatoes and 1/4 cup cold water. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Top with parsley. Serve stew with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Italian sausage and tomato stewcalories: 420.879 calories
calories: 30 grams fat
calories: 14.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 9.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 25.7 grams protein
calories: 105 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 2172 milligrams sodium