This healthy honey mustard chicken stew makes a hearty, nutritious meal for the whole family.
The ingredient of Honey mustard chicken stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved
- 1 brown onion, halved, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 6 chat potatoes, quartered
- 350g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 large red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 100g green beans, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
The instruction how to make Honey mustard chicken stew
- Heat half the oil in a large, deep heavy-based frying pan over high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the potatoes and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan with stock, mustard and honey. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove lid. Increase heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in beans. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve sprinkled with tarragon.
Nutritions of Honey mustard chicken stewcalories: 531.775 calories
calories: 21.1 grams fat
calories: 4.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 45.2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 37.4 grams protein
calories: 130 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 898 milligrams sodium