Frozen snags are re-invented in this minty winter stew.
The ingredient of Minted sausage stew
- 8 thick beef sausages
- 1 sliced brown onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried mint
- 2 carrots, thickly sliced
- 2 parsnips, halved and thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Fresh mint, to serve
The instruction how to make Minted sausage stew
- Cook beef sausages in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat, turning, for 10 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Add brown onion to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic cloves and dried mint. Cook for 30 seconds. Add carrots and parsnips. Cook for 5 minutes. Add plain flour. Cook for 1 minute. Slowly stir in chicken stock until smooth and combined. Return sausages to pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes or until sausages are cooked.
- Stir in frozen peas. Cook for 2 minutes or until peas are tender. Serve sprinkled with fresh mint.
Nutritions of Minted sausage stewcalories: