Put a new spin on the traditional Mexican fiesta with this Mexican chicken and bean stew.
The ingredient of Mexican chicken and bean stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 700g Coles RSPCA Approved chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 large carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 x 420g cans Heinz Beanz Creationz fiery Mexican style beanz
- 300g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 1 tomato, extra, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- Warmed tortillas, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Mexican chicken and bean stew
- Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 mins or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add carrot and capsicum to pan and cook for 3 mins or until starting to brown. Add tomato and 1/4 cup (60ml) water and bring to a simmer. Add chicken and beans. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until chicken is cooked.
- Combine corn and extra tomato in a bowl. Top the stew with salsa and coriander. Serve with the tortillas and lime wedges.
Nutritions of Mexican chicken and bean stewcalories: