The ingredient of Mexican pork and capsicum stew
- 1 1/3 cups white long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 700g pork fillet, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 1 medium brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 35g packet taco seasoning
The instruction how to make Mexican pork and capsicum stew
- Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook pork in batches, turning, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender. Return pork to pan. Add seasoning and 3/4 cup cold water. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce has thickened and heated through. Serve with rice.
Nutritions of Mexican pork and capsicum stewcalories: 533.448 calories
calories: 12 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 60 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 45 grams protein
calories: 166 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 919.4 milligrams sodium