For an extra special topping to this spicy beef and tofu stew, crack fresh eggs over the top and cook until set.
The ingredient of Korean beef and tofu stew
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons ginger, finely grated
- 500g Coles Australian 4 Star Beef Mince
- 2 cups (500ml) beef stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 200g wombok (Chinese cabbage), shredded
- 350g firm tofu, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Eggs
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced, extra
- Sliced red chilli, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Korean beef and tofu stew
- Heat the oil in a medium heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add spring onion and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 3 mins. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 1 min. Increase heat to medium-high. Add mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 mins or until mince changes colour.
- Add the stock, soy sauce, chilli sauce and sugar. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 mins. Season.
- Stir in the wombok and cook for 3 mins or until wilted. Add the tofu. Crack the eggs into the stew. Cover and cook for 5-7 mins or until the whites are just set. Serve topped with extra spring onion and chilli.
Nutritions of Korean beef and tofu stewcalories: