This hearty pork and capsicum stew recipe requires a slow cooker.
The ingredient of Pork and capsicum stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (200g each) pork midloin chops, fat and rind removed
- 1 large brown onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 150g rainbow silverbeet, shredded
- Soft polenta, to serve
- Sliced bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Pork and capsicum stew
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook both sides of pork for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a 4.5 litre-capacity slow cooker.
- Add onion, garlic and capsicum to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add flour. Stir to coat. Add tomato and stock. Bring to the boil. Pour mixture over pork. Stir in thyme.
- Cook, covered, on LOW for 6 hours or until pork is tender. Stir in silverbeet. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until just wilted. Serve with polenta and bread.
Nutritions of Pork and capsicum stewcalories: 328.147 calories
calories: 9 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 12 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 48 grams protein
calories: 110 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 477.1 milligrams sodium