Throw some beef in the oven and walk away - in a few hours youll have Jills unforgettable Tuscan stew.
The ingredient of Peposo (Tuscan beef stew)
- 1.8kg beef shin, trimmed, cut into 5cm cubes
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil, drained
- 1/3 cup (95g) tomato paste
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 1 cup (250ml) red wine
- 1 cup (250ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2/3 cup (110g) instant polenta
- Grated parmesan, to serve
- Rocket, to serve
The instruction how to make Peposo (Tuscan beef stew)
- Preheat the oven to 150u00b0C.
- Place the beef, garlic, anchovy fillets, tomato paste and rosemary sprigs in a flameproof casserole and season with sea salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Add the red wine and toss to combine, then add enough water to just cover the meat - about 1 cup (250ml).
- Cover and bake for 4 hours until the meat is tender and the sauce is rich. (If the sauce isnt thick enough, strain the liquid into a small saucepan over high heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened, then pour back over the beef in the casserole and stir over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes.)
- Meanwhile, place the chicken stock in a saucepan with 1 cup (250ml) water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, then slowly pour in the polenta in a steady stream and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until thick and creamy. Season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide polenta among serving bowls and ladle over the beef stew. Scatter over parmesan and serve with rocket.
Nutritions of Peposo (Tuscan beef stew)calories: 674.936 calories
calories: 23 grams fat
calories: 9 grams saturated fat
calories: 22 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 87 grams protein
calories: 203 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 813.3 milligrams sodium