Experience fabulous South American flavours in this hearty fish stew.
The ingredient of South American fish stew
- 250mls (1 cup) fish stock
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 birdseye chillies, halved lengthwise
- 4 egg tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, juiced
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Continental parsley
- 500g firm white fish fillets (like trevally, flathead or bream), cut into thick strips
- 1 teaspoon drained capers
- 160g (1 cup) green olives
- Green salad, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make South American fish stew
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C.
- Place the fish stock, cinnamon stick, whole cloves and chillies in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain and discard the flavourings.
- Place half the tomato and onion slices over the base of a shallow 1.5-1itre/6-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Add half the orange juice and sprinkle with salt, pepper and then half the parsley Place the fish on top in a single layer and scatter over the capers and olives. Place the leftover tomato and onion slices over the top and pour over the remaining orange juice. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and the remaining parsley. Pour in the strained fish stock and cover the dish with foil. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Serve in bowls accompanied by a green salad and crusty bread.
Nutritions of South American fish stewcalories: 234.459 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 23 grams protein
calories: 68 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 939.62 milligrams sodium