Balsamic vinegar and broad beans balance this lamb stew perfectly. Grab a glass of wine, sit back and enjoy.
The ingredient of Balsamic lamb and broad bean stew
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 4 (900g total) lamb forequarter chops, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups Campbells Italian Real Soup Base
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups frozen broad beans
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Balsamic lamb and broad bean stew
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan-forced.
- Place flour in a snap-lock bag. Season with salt and pepper. Add the lamb. Seal bag. Shake to coat. Remove lamb, reserving flour.
- Heat 1/2 the oil in a large, flameproof baking dish over medium-high heat. Cook lamb, in batches, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a large plate.
- Heat remaining oil in dish over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add reserved flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually add wine, stirring, until combined. Bring to the boil. Add vinegar, soup base, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and thyme. Return lamb to dish. Bring to the boil. Cover dish. Transfer to oven. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Uncover dish. Bake for a further 30 minutes or until lamb is very tender and almost falling off the bone.
- Meanwhile, cook broad beans following packet directions. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Peel beans and discard skins. Remove and discard thyme from stew. Stir in basil and broad beans. Stand for 3 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Balsamic lamb and broad bean stewcalories: 547.788 calories
calories: 27.6 grams fat
calories: 6.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 64.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 46 grams protein
calories: 90 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1126 milligrams sodium